The Upstart Challenge raises awareness of the importance of entrepreneurship for young people and the validity of business start-up as a career option and to provide participants with real world entrepreneurial experience and activities to build resilience and optimism in the future.
We need your encouragement and support. Help students test their entrepreneurial skills and encourage more informed decisions about their employment future. This video can give you some tips on how to help.
The Upstart program provides a sense of hope and inspiration for young people at this time of employment transition. Creating critical networks between students, educators and the business community gives everyone a sense of achievement and contribution to exciting new prospects and opportunities.
The entrepreneurial activities within the Upstart Challenge Program are increasingly recognised as offering business and life skills to participating students, such as:
- Understanding the role and importance of innovation and entrepreneurship
- The ability to generate business ideas
- The critical evaluation of business ideas, new products and services
- Experience in using Start-Up business model templates and business planning
- Product and market research capability
- Exposure to the commercialisation cycle
- Communicating business ideas to members of the business community
- Preparing creative presentations
- Pitching business ideas
- Public speaking
- Dealing with challenging questions
- Resilience to failure
- A sense of winning
- Meeting new people
- Creative thinking
- Economic thinking and problem solving skills
- Working in business environments
- Listening to other’s views
- Building valuable connections
- Community networking
In-school sessions are also available, please contact us to discuss.
M: 0418 831 195